Skin care is so important. I never realised just how important it was until I moved to a humid, tropical climate.
My skin used to suffer from being too dry and now it is the complete opposite – too oily!
Benefits of a sugar scrub
Over time our faces collect dead skin, oils and other gunk that can clog up our pours.
Regular exfoliation allows for all of the dead skin to be gently removed while cleaning your pores and giving them a fresh lease on life!
I am here to share with you a recipe for a super simple 3 ingredient sugar scrub. Yep, just 3 ingredients!
You will need
- 1 cup of sugar
- You can use brown or white. White is more gentle on the skin due to the smaller crystals.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oils
- A favourite for this is orange and peppermint, I used just Wild Orange (You can get it here)
- Alternative: Salt crystals also make for great scrubs, however the granules are much larger so can be more course on the skin.
How to make it
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together gently.
If the coconut oil is solid, melt on a low heat over the stove top.
2. Add to a airtight jar and use when needed!
How to use it
It is best to use after a shower – or even mid-shower. This means your pours will be open and skin will be soft.
Add some of the scrub to your face and gentle scrub in circular motions for a few minutes.
Wash off with warm water
Voi la. You now have a cheap, home made face scrub. Amazing!
If you try out this recipe then I would love to see your end result!
Share it on Instagram and tag us @mindful.galaxy.insta or add #mindfulgalaxy so we can share in your amazing work