Sprinkling powder on your carpet and then vacuuming it off… this reminds me so much of when I was younger and my grandma used to do it.
I remember loving the smell and just wanting to roll around in it – but of course I couldn’t.
Now that I am a bit older I have learned that a lot of house hold cleaners have super simple home made alternatives, and this is no exception.
So I bring to you my 2 ingredient Essential Oil Carpet Cleaner!
What you will need
- BiCarb Soda
- Lavender Essential oil (if you don’t have it, you can get it here)
- A container, preferably a shaker.
Why BiCarb Soda?
BiCarb soda is natural alkaline which dissolves grime and draws out toxins.
How to make it and use it
- Add the bicarb to your container
- Add your drops of lavender
- Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle on carpet or rug
- Allow it to sit for 1-3 hours
- Vacuum off
- Enjoy a fresh, clean carpet!
And that’s it!
Now go, make your house smell amazing and get those gross
If you try out this recipe then I would love to see your end result!
Share it on Instagram and tag us @mindful.galaxy.insta or add #mindfulgalaxy so we can share in your amazing work