We are slowly becoming more aware of all of the hidden nasties in our everyday products, and body wash is no exception.
If you’re like me and would like a more natural alternative, then you have come to the right place!
With just a handful of ingredients you can make your own body wash and shower with peace of mind!
You will need
- 1 cup of Castile Soap
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- You can substitute this for any other carrier oils you have around the house. My favourite is almond oil!
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons of Vitamin E oil
- 20-40 drops of your favourite essential oils
- I love grapefruit, but again have fun with it and mix it up. Find something you love!
- I used Grapefruit and Bergamot for this round, you can get them both here!
Optional: If you would like a thicker consistency then add 4 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine
For more or less body wash, multiply/divide accordingly.
How to make it
1.Combine all ingredients in a squirt pump bottle.
2. Mix gently.
Be sure to shake gently before each use, as the components have a tendency to separate.
I also like to use a foaming bottle since I never seem to have any vegetable glycerine on hand and this helps add more volume!
If you try out this recipe then I would love to see your end result!
Share it on Instagram and tag us @mindful.galaxy.insta or add #mindfulgalaxy so we can share in your amazing work